This is a recipe that I came across through a friend and it is dead easy to make as it only involves 1 pan. You can not go wrong with this plus it is extremely tasty and suitable for vegetarians as well.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped into small chunks
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and chopped into chunks
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2-4 tbsp curry paste (depending on how hot you like it)
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- chopped coriander, to serve
1. Put the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and potato and gently cook for about 5 mins until the potatoes and onions are starting to soften.
2. Add the aubergine and mushrooms and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
3. Start to stir in the curry paste and add the stock and coconut milk. Then turn up the heat and bring to a simmer for around 10 minutes or until the potato is cooked through and tender.
4. Once all cooked stir through the coriander and then enjoy.
The curry works great with rice or naan bread. To be extra healthy use brown rice. Enjoy Janet Lefton