I found this recipe hidden in my cupboard the other day and it was one that me and my sister used to make as kids. We started off making normal homemade lemonade but one day during the summer we had some leftover strawberries and added them to the blender. This drink is perfect for the summer and if you want an adult version try adding some white rum Barccadi works well but any white rum will do.
1 Tablespoon of grated lemon peel (the smallest size grater)
1 Cup or 235ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 big handful of strawberries (cut in half)
2 cups of water or 470ml of water
2 cups of water or 470ml of sparkling water or soda water
4 table spoons of sugar
1. In a medium saucepan add the sugar and water (not sparkling) and heat while stiring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add the lemon peel and lemon juice, stir, and remove from the heat. Let the liquid cool completely, then strain into a clean pitcher. (to get it to cool quicker add a few ice cubes)
3. In a blender puree the strawberries and then add to the pitcher with the lemon juice. Stir well to combine and refrigerate until well chilled.
4. Add the sparkling water and stir well.
5. Pour into classes and enjoy!
Enjoy Janet Lefton