These tortilla wraps are amazingly simple to make and ideal for lunches or for fajitas.
- 800g (1 3/4 lb) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Rub in butter to resemble texture of polenta. Add water slowly, mixing with your hands to make a soft dough. You may not need all the water.
- Knead a few minutes on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Lubricate top with oil, put back in bowl and let rest, covered for 10 minutes.
- Divide into small balls the size of golf balls and proceed to roll out into size and thickness you prefer.
- Cook in dry heavy frying pan until top is slightly bubbly then turning on opposite side for a minute or two. Keep stacked and warm inside a clean tea towel.
Adding spices and herbs will bring new flavours to the wraps. I highly suggest adding chilli powder or dried coriander.
Enjoy Janet Lefton